Welcome to the Certificate on History of Latin Mass and Roman Rite. We want to give you everything you need to know to get started:
- Who Qualifies. If you are a Premium or Charter Premium Member you will be able to complete your Certificate over the next six months. If you are Basic Member, you will need to upgrade to a Premium Membership to receive your Certificate.
- Keep Track of Your Progress. When you have finished each video unit, click the button at the bottom of each lesson that reads “Mark as Complete.” This keeps track of your progress and makes it easy for you to return. You will see that the units that you have completed will be marked on the Certificate page.
- Quizzes at the End of Each Module. Each video lesson or video unit is clumped together into a Module. For example, How to Pronounce Latin. At the end of each module, you’ll find a quiz. Please take the quiz to see how you’re doing. You won’t be penalized on quizzes. They are there to help you with your comprehension and progress. Most of all, they will help prepare you for the Final Exam.
- Deciding on Your Order of Discovery. We recommend that you follow the order found on the Certificate page; however, you may move around and jump ahead if you find a video lesson that captures your interest.
- Passing the Final Exam. After you have finished all the units and quizzes, you will be allowed to take the Final Exam. You will earn your Certificate if you pass the Final Exam with 80% or more. You have one chance to pass, but don’t worry we provide you with a Study Guide to help you prepare.
- As an NSTI member, you have a free copy of the Greek/Latin/English Bible, the Greek and Latin Church Fathers (in English), and the Summa theologiae of Thomas Aquinas here inside NSTI. If you ever need to look up something in the Bible, the Church Fathers, or the Summa, it’s all here in one place for you.
Please click the “Mark as Complete” button below and get started with a practice quiz to see how it all works.